Bear Data Solutions is named as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. magazine in 2010 continues to grow and evolve as a successful IT solutions and services provider. The BEAR Data Team is a group of highly experienced and talented professionals who are passionate about delivering five star service and solutions to their clients.
Title: Storage Architect
Job Location: San Francisco, CA
Our customer is seeking a Storage Architect with depth understanding of storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices including cloud storage
- Plan, design, and analyse the organization’s storage infrastructure according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data quality and availability
- Develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning, uptime, and regulatory compliance
- Responsible for capacity planning, backup and restore process design, performance analysis, and developing data disaster recovery plans
- Lead the development of long-term storage vision, strategy, and roadmap for storage technologies across the organization in conjunction with company objectives.
- Work closely with operations, project management, application development, network security teams to develop scalable, maintainable, consistent, highly available storage architectures that meet business objectives and set relevant service-level agreements.
- Perform capacity planning analysis and other needs assessments to inform storage architecture strategy.
- Establish strategies for storage consolidation, centralization, and optimization to reduce downtime and costs while improving security and storage performance.
- Design redundant systems and policies for disaster recovery and archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of storage appliances and stored data assets
- Develop procedures for backups and restores, as well as monitor the performance, success, or failure of these tasks
- Define, communicate, and ensure adherence to data storage retention policies and create routines for end-users to facilitate storage best practices, including desktop storage administration.
- Develop and maintain procedures for storage change management, availability management, backup management, incident management, and process documentation.
- Develop and maintain testing process for current, new, and modified storage appliances and software.
- Maintain current knowledge of storage-related laws, trends, and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices. Develop strategies and policies to ensure best-practice based regulatory compliance and reduce the enterprise’s legal exposure.
- Justify expenditures on storage solutions through business cases, and ROI/TCO calculations.
- Manage the purchase, installation, and configuration of new and existing storage devices and corresponding software.
- Oversee storage allocation to business units across the enterprise based on established requirements, available disk space, and future growth.
- Ensure IT adherence to service level agreements regarding storage allocations, limitations, and availability.
- Anticipate, identify, and oversee mitigation and response to storage access problems, retrieval issues, and storage device status issues
- Ensure that information storage and retention measures and equipment adhere to all applicable laws and regulations. Recommend and implement changes where necessary.
- Analyze storage systems performance and capacity, collect information, and prepare Management
- In-depth understanding of storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices including cloud storage
- Solid experience architecting enterprise storage, archival/backup, and DRP systems with a broad spectrum of storage technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Cloud, SAN, NAS, RAID, SCSI, Fibre Channel, clustering, encryption, content-addressable storage technologies from multiple vendors.
- Experience with Openstack and Hadoop.
- Experience designing and/or managing multi-petabyte storage infrastructures.
- Knowledge of change management systems.
- Project management/project lifecycle experience.
- Team management experience.
- Solid skills in Windows, Linux operating systems.
- Strong VMWare and HyperV knowledge
- Experience working in an IAAS or SaaS company
- Keen understanding of storage virtualization technologies
- Familiar with 10G LAN, WAN and Internet standards.
- Knowledge of applicable data retention practices and laws.
- Proven analytical, strategic vision drawing on strong problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language appropriate to both executive and managerial audiences
- Ability to conduct research into storage issues, standards, and product
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Skilled in working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or engineering and/or 7 years equivalent work experience.
- Storage Networking Certification Program (SNCP) certification a plus.
For more information, please visit us at www.beardatasolutions.com
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org