Bear Data Solutions is named as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. magazine in 2010 continues to grow and evolve as a successful IT solutions and services provider. The BEAR Data Team is a group of highly experienced and talented professionals who are passionate about delivering five star service and solutions to their clients.
Title: Senior Storage Systems Engineer
Job Location: Groveport, OH
Our customer is seeking a Senior Storage Systems Engineer with managing system configuration with tools like Chef or Puppet
- Participates in a team responsible for the design, implementation, and automation of systems, network, and storage hardware and software within the company.
- Expected to deliver innovation through automation to enable standard deployable units of infrastructure and code through multiple environments into production
- Be a point of contact for projects to identify, design and deliver project infrastructure needs
- Support deployment and configuration of J2EE and Open Source platforms and applications in multiple environments ranging from development to production
- Clear written and verbal communication skills. Will be required to thoroughly document design and deployment details for projects.
- Influence others through presentations to the architecture group to drive initiatives and technical project designs
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism and mentorship as cross-training, knowledge sharing, and presentations are required
- Can organize, assemble and lead teams from multiple IT groups, and in some instances, may supervise daily work activities of assigned team(s)
- Focus on security best practices to ensure currency of our systems providing solutions and assistance in security and compliance activities.
- 5-7+ years of Unix/Linux experience, preferably running public, high traffic or consumer facing websites
- Experience in managing system configuration with tools like Chef or Puppet
- Strong knowledge of J2EE, Tomcat and JBoss
- Demonstrated understanding of building, testing, and deploying applications on Java Application servers required.
- Experience with Open Stack,VMware, KVM or XEN
- Experience with Websphere MQ/WBI or other messaging layers a plus
- Experience with AIX VIO LPAR a plus
- Experience with open source monitoring tool chains such as Nagios, Cacti, MRTG, SNMP, collectd, rrd,
- Excellent team player, including the ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to concurrently manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects; self-starter
- Experience working in an agile development environment
For more information, please visit us at www.beardatasolutions.com
Please send resumes to email@example.com