Bear Data Solutions is named as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. magazine in 2010 continues to grow and evolve as a successful IT solutions and services provider. The BEAR Data Team is a group of highly experienced and talented professionals who are passionate about delivering five star service and solutions to their clients.
Title: SaaS Database Engineer
Job Location: Daly City, CA
Our customer is seeking a SaaS Database Engineer with 8+ years’ expertise in designing, building, managing, operating, and troubleshooting a database infrastructure in high load, high performance, and internet facing environments
- Responsible for the data replication solution as well as for data security. Will have the primary responsibility of ensuring total integration of the database layer within the service monitoring solution.
- Develop and maintain the database backup strategy.
- Perform database deployments, configurations, updates, and improvements. Support functionality and security audits
- Implement database related Access Management and Control in collaboration with Security & Compliance and with Systems Engineering.
- Implement and enforce database security policy. Contribute to building the disaster recover strategy and plan.
- Solid understanding of database replication and high availability principles and solutions, with proven and successful experience in building a highly available large database infrastructure
- Familiarity with Cassandra
- Self-starter, analytical and with strong problem solving skills and the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and issues
- Define, design and implement the database layer to meet the requirements of a highly reliable, scalable and automated SaaS platform built with a strong focus on leveraging the use of automation technologies and low cost database components. Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the SaaS platform.
- Coordinate database systems planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Work closely with the Security and Compliance manager to ensure that all in-scope controls have been built and are documented.
- Provide database administration of the SaaS platform. Responsible of all database related software components, including the database alarming and instrumentation sub-system and its integration within the service monitoring solution.
- Provide advanced database administration, and management. Promote the use of automation and engineer automated deployments and upgrades.
- Generate detailed executive reports outlining risk, and provide technology recommendations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as required 24×7 and serve as an escalation point for database issues.
- Research new database technologies for use within the SaaS platform to continuously improve performance, scalability and operational effectiveness.
- Help define, improve and promote architecture and standards based on ITIL “best practices”.
- Help architect and implement Hardened database deployments to meet or exceed our security requirements.
- Develop relationships with professional organizations, user groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with latest technology.
- 8+ years expertise in designing, building, managing, operating, and troubleshooting a database infrastructure in high load, high performance, internet facing environments.
- Strong experience in Cloud infrastructures, cloud technologies and cloud platforms. Knowledge of Amazon AWS is required.
- 8+ years of proven experience in deployment and management of databases
- DWH/BI/Reporting environments.
- Knowledge of system architecture and engineering, understanding of the components of software infrastructure
- Strong background and proven track record in database performance tuning, capacity sizing and optimization.
- Deep understanding of how to optimize database performance leveraging storage, and system configuration. Experience with benchmarking, performance analysis and capacity management is highly desirable.
- Experience designing scalable database architecture to support rapid growth is required.
- Familiarity with Cassandra, or similar technologies is desirable
- Candidate must have good communication skills and work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Good working knowledge of operating systems including RedHat Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, and W2K8 is required.
- Strong experience writing complex scripts (perl, php, python) to automate administrative tasks, run audits, and perform deployment tasks.
- Participate in 7/24 on-call rotation to respond and resolve service issues to ensure SaaS platform is online.
- Must be familiar with networking and security concepts and solutions. Practical experience in both would a plus.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability the track and prioritize several tasks.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills, along with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a cross-functional global team.
- Ability to verbally present complex concepts and technical information to non-technical audience in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient to conduct business with others in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Ability to interact positively, clearly, and professionally with customers, and peers.
- Must have excellent customer interaction and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and ability to solve problems with out of the box solutions.
- Ability to lead projects and a team of highly skilled engineers both in the US and globally.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently & calmly under pressure and/or stress.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to present to a variety of audiences.
- Completion of certification courses in a relevant field would be a plus.
For more information, please visit us at www.beardatasolutions.com
Please send resumes to email@example.com