Bear Data Solutions is named as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. magazine in 2010 continues to grow and evolve as a successful IT solutions and services provider. The BEAR Data Team is a group of highly experienced and talented professionals who are passionate about delivering five star service and solutions to their clients.
Title: Director of Engineering
Job Location: Chula Vista, CA
Manage engineering activities, implements and maintains engineering objectives and initiatives. Manage creation and improvement of products that involve the engineering department. Engineering manager is responsible for introducing innovative processes in all related manufacturing designers. Will ensure the required technical support for all critical process and product issue resolution as well as technical direction to the engineers and support to the customers. Responsible for the engineering budget management, staffing, leadership, strategic and process development and execution, product support and new process development/qualification from concept to full production.
- Provided strategic and day to day leadership for the Manufacturing Engineering, tooling, and design department
- Manage Engineers work schedules, projects, and budgets, including approving and overseeing the design and implementation process, as well as ensuring work is completed in the required time frame and budgetary requirements.
- Develop and execute plan to increase overall engineering and production competitiveness. Drive innovation/new techniques across to establish a highly competitive lean organization.
- Coordinate and sustain all documentation required to change and improve the manufacturing process.
- Provide technical input and support for projects, and requests for quote/proposal.
- Change and improve processes in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Maintain effective communication with leadership and employee.
- Ensure high product quality and safe work environment.
- Optimization of factory performance and efficiency, ensuring that process flow, manufacturing methods, tooling fixtures and equipment utilization are cost competitive and sustainable.
- Facilitate the implementation of a continuous improvement process in conjunction with the Continuous Improvement Manager.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to all manufacturing operations across the site.
- Improve existing methods, tooling, fixtures and process flow to optimize company profitability, reduce lead times and achieve quality specifications across the existing product portfolio.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing processes and procedures during new product introduction programs to achieve cost, delivery and quality specification targets.
- Take responsibility for providing sustainable fixes to manufacturing and processing problems by implementing corrective and preventative actions.
- Support the deployment of Total Preventative Maintenance on critical equipment and processes.
- Carry out work-motion-time-delay studies to verify costs, lines of balance and improvement opportunities.
- Manage the NPDI gate process.
- Comply with the Health and Safety and Security policies of the Company and all legislative requirements.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Be an active member of the management leadership team.
- Will be reporting to the site President
- Will performed special tasks as assigned by the President or Divisional Director
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Aerospace with 12 more years of experience, and at least 5 years managing a group.
- Ability to direct multiple engineering projects and interface with the customer on the progress of new programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills and knowledgeable of CAD/CAM and ERP Systems.
- Manufacturing experience in a manufacturing plant of mechanical products
- High level of organizational skill and ability to work with minimal direction in a fast pace environment.
- Results oriented, self motivated/self reliant, team leader, strategic thinker, and problem solver
- Expected to support all production areas.
- Efforst will be required on an ongoing basis in order that pre-set tasks are completed and issues are resolved in timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Experience with world class manufacturing process, and methods, Lean, Kaizen, 5s, TMP, and other advance manufacturing methodologies, tools and concepts
- Experience in high-strength metal machining, metal stamping, rolling, and welding; laser and water jet cutting, is desirable
- Experience at leading technical personnel staffing, reviews and goal settings
For more information, please visit us at www.beardatasolutions.com
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org