BEAR Data Solutions, Inc. a global IT services provider with 11 offices throughout the U.S. and around the globe, helps enterprise clients design, optimize, maintain and support mission-critical IT infrastructures. By combining expert engineering resources, best-of-breed technologies, and superior customer service, BEAR Data delivers high-performance IT solutions and services including cloud, virtualization, unified communications, networking, storage, database, security, managed services, wireless, staffing, and support contract management
Title: Development Operations Engineer
Job Location: Emeryville, CA
Our customer is seeking a Development Operations Engineer with excellent programming ability and strong experience developing in Linux, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python.
- Position will entail working functional teams from Engineering, QA, Operations and Professional Services
- Bachelor’s or graduate degrees in Computer Science or a related field.
- 1+ years in software development
- Excellent programming ability with strong experience developing in Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python.
- Automated deployment, installation, and configuration of Linux systems.
- Linux operating systems and platforms such as RedHat/CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Linux kickstart provisioning systems such as Cobbler and Forman.
- Version control and repositories such as SVN, Perforce, and Git.
- Automated Deployment using Puppet, mCollective, and Hiera.
- VMWare ESXi and vCenter.
- IPv4/IPv6 Networks.
- REST API
- Apache Webservers and Django web frameworks.
- Infrastructure services such as LDAP, TFTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP and SMTP.
- Linux RPM repositories such as YUM and PULP.
- Monitoring such as SNMP, Icinga (Nagios), Ganglia, and etc.
- Cloud Computing such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN) such as Akamai and Limelight.
- Load Balancers such as F5 and HAProxy.
- Database systems such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgress and Cassandra.
- Atlassian Products such as Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, Green Hopper, Bamboo, Crucible, and Stash.
- Agile and Kanban methodologies.
- Good written and verbal communication ability.
- Strong collaboration skills and team player
- Comfortable in a fast-paced dynamic agile driven environment.
- Being available on-call as required.
For more information, please visit us at www.beardatasolutions.com
Please send resume to email@example.com